Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead



From Goodreads:

Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life--and one of her coworkers checks out...Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea. A fun, fast, funny, and wonderfully intriguing blend of vampire and mystery that's hard to put down, and should not be missed.

What I thought:

First of all, I thought the whole premise behind this book was hilarious.  The writing, the characters, the accent, the clothes--made me laugh hysterically...and I'm not sure why.  I don't know if it was meant to evoke that type of reaction, but it did.  I thought Sookie was insane and her vampire BILL sounded a little unorthodox as well.  I love the fact that his name is Bill...hahaha. 
OK
So I am not 100% sure why this series is as popular as it is, but at the same time, it's lighthearted and a quick read.  I am not saying it wasn't enjoyable.  Maybe a little too far fetched in a genre where having a relationship with a vampire is already a bit far fetched in the first place.  I can't imagine reading ALL of the Sookie Stackhouse series--because I mean, how much of this stuff can one person go through...but I am curious to read a few more in the series to see where it's going. 

I really don't have much else to say about it.  It made me laugh...which isn't a bad thing, I suppose.

Rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment