Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Game of Thrones-G.R.R. Martin

Finally, after a battle of inner ear infection--I was able to finish this book. WOW. It's hard not to get entertwined in the characters to the point where you experience such love or hate for them. It was a bit on the long side and it's not a novel you can read quickly because you miss so much if you try to skim--but it's worth it because the story is amazing. I can't wait to get to the next novel, but I think I'm going to read something light and fluffy before getting into that! I love the character building and writing in this, and normally I wouldn't waste time on a novel like this, but once again, I picked up something out of the ordinary and it was completely worth it. 
My friend Julie over at Book Hooked Blog raised questions regarding morals and such in this book.  I have to say, it got me thinking about so many different things.  The quest for power, not knowing who to trust, the cavalier way that some of the characters dealt with life and death...the way that sex was discussed and how powerful it was...and how women were treated like objects rather than humans.  I don't think I could have lived in a time like that, knowing what I know now.

The only disclaimer I have is that this book is not for the faint of heart.  It is bloody, gory and things that you would never expect to happen...HAPPENS. 

Rating: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment