Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

That Dragon Tat girl is CRAZY-Small Spoilers




Goodreads synopsis: Mikael Blomkvist, crusading publisher of the magazine Millennium, has decided to run a story that will expose an extensive sex trafficking operation. On the eve of its publication, the two reporters responsible for the article are murdered, and the fingerprints found on the murder weapon belong to his friend, the troubled genius hacker Lisbeth Salander. Blomkvist, convinced of Salander's innocence, plunges into an investigation. Meanwhile, Salander herself is drawn into a murderous game of cat and mouse, which forces her to face her dark past.

Ok, folks, so this is part two of the Millennium series.  I have to say, I liked this one better than the first one because it really gets into what happened in Lisbeth Sander's past.  She is a very interesting, and surprising, a likeable character.  She endured more than anyone should ever have to endure.  What I loved about the book is the method of communcation she used to contact Mikael.  I also loved that she hasn't been caught from "redirecting" money from the first book--tee hee.  There are a couple of scenes of girl-on-girl action that had me shaking my head, but it just added to the brillance of character development for Lisbeth.

In any case, the writing gave a brillant picture of the setting and situation.  I noticed myself unable to put down the book until I had finished a chapter...then a couple chapters, etc.  I still think that the main character is a tramp, though...

Rating: 5




This is the final of the Millenium series and by far, my favorite.  There was SO much going on in this book I almost had a hard time keeping track.  Essentially, all lose ends of the story was tied up for Lisbeth and she BY FAR gets the last word to all the people who have wronged her in the past--which is awesome!  This is where Lisbeth truly becomes a likeable character, in my eyes.  It also solidifies the friendship between Mikael and Lisbeth, because through the series, you see that they don't have many friends.  Lisbeth is an introvert, most likely due to her horrid past.  This book really gets to the nitty gritty about exactly what happened to her when she was younger.
Also, by the end of the novel, Mikael has met his match and is now in love--and during the whole book, if I remember correctly, he only sleeps with one girl--which was a nice change of pace.
Hands down, a very good series of books.  I enjoyed it thoroughly.  I can even look past some of the boring details because as a whole, they didn't bother me because I liked the book so much. 

I've heard rumors that there was an unfinished fourth novel.  If there is, I'd be happy to read it.  Looking forward to the Americanized movie coming out this year for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

Rating: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment