Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

The beginning of the end

My life has definitely taken many unexpected turns in the past few years.  2011 is something I am going to look at as a catalyst year.  Of course, I have several goals in mind but the most important ones are those that are going to make me feel like a more complete person, inside and out.  The purpose of this blog is to keep up to date with book reviews because I feel as though writing will be cathartic to me--and I can't afford ballroom dancing lessons. =). So a little bit about how this started:

In 2010, I got completely tired of Disney movies, reality tv, and television in general.  I felt like I was in a rut and not getting anything out of my "me time" PLUS, my friend Amanda wanted me to go watch the new Harry Potter movie that was coming out and refused to let me go until I had read all the books and seen all the previous movies (which at the time I had not done yet!)  So 2 months and 7 books later, I was hooked on HP.  After that, I wanted to find other things to read and took suggestions, so with the help of my awesome friends at work, I made a list...and get this, I LOVED it.  I got so much out of it and feel so much more fulfilled than when I was watching all that TV.  I have to admit, I've never blogged before, so writing a review for a book is going to be a new challenge for me but I think it's all part of my new hobby and new "living vicariously through the characters" kind of life!  My friend, Julie does an incredible job at blogging, so if anything, my crazy blogs will make hers look even better!! =) 

My goal for 2011 is to read 100 books.  With a Kindle and a library card in my pocket, I don't think it will be an unreachable goal!
So enjoy the ride, like I will and definitely make comments and suggestions, since I'm making this up as I go.

3 comments:

  1. Well first of all CONGRATS !!! as I know best of anyone what WEIGH gain can truly do to someone inside and out !! At my HIGHEST I was 395lbs, as of today im around 230, Its been a long DIFFICULT struggle, but Im finding me in all the MADNESS !! Life isnt easy, but its also what we make of it !!!

    I wish you the VERY BEST OF LUCK !!! It will all take time , every facet of your life, but you will soon realize where you are, where you want to be, and where you are going !!! Life can be fun, but only we can make the choices to live that way !!!

    Love you !!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! You are absolutely right! I know I can do it and I'm going to! I don't want to be some skinny barbie doll...I just want to be comfortable in my own skin-and I am almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're blogging now! Book blogging is seriously the best hobby every. I predict that you will become obsessed. And free books? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete